Thursday 14 April 2011

Fractal Bubbles

In the past weeks I have started playing around with the good old fractal generator. Of course we all know the mother of all fractals, the Mandelbrot set (at least my fellow geeks will know it). The Mandelbrot set is based on the iteration
in the complex plane. There are a lot of other fractals with different iteration formulas out there, but I always thought they looked similar to the original.

But then I found Gnofract, and it opened my eyes. Instead of changing the formula, why not change the colouring method. Here is my first example of a fractal so generated. I call it "Bubbles" because it looks like lots of bubbles floating in space.

Bubbles
P.S. If you click on the image, the link will take you to Zazzle. If you really like the picture, and/or if you like this blog so much that you want to support it financially, feel free to purchase products from my Zazzle gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment